Wednesday, April 20, 2005

School for the What the Hell?


school for the what the hell?

Jen and I went to see Henning last night at the Bishop's Lounge. We knew we couldn't stay too long (which sucks because Lesa sounded great and Matt Hebert told me he was covering Sarah McLachlan's "Adia") but had a great time nonetheless. Pictured above is Henning. At least that's what a google search for "images" told me. He looked a little diferent last night. Not so, I don't know...tilted.
Henning writes wonderful songs. I can laugh like crazy one moment and then be musically and lyrically stunned the next. His stuff breeds jealousy. I'm going to cover that song about the wedding as soon as it's recorded...fucking beautiful. Go read his wonderfully funny and crazy busy blog.
My next record is underway and we already have 2 songs mixed. The beginning of May brings Ruth Keating (the Malarkies, Ida) and more recording. She's playing drums on a few songs of mine. What an honor. I would love to see you guys at Night Owl this Saturday at 7PM. I'm playing a short solo set and then a band called Ponies in the Surf are playing. If you haven't heard them you should. They have really complex jazz changes and weird little indie pop melodies. Very cool. Thanks to Chris of Aboveground Records in Martha's Vineyard for hooking us up with them.

Ponies in the Surf

No comments: