Wednesday, May 04, 2005

____the____in the____of my____


the

in the

of my

.

No cohesive thought to put together so here...10 random things:

1) I bought Johnny Damon's new book (the aptly titled "Idiot"). Let's just say it's pretty obvious that he had a concussion after that collision with Jackson. Why did I buy it? I'm a sucker for baseball stories from the horses mouth. If you're a baseball fan and you've never read either Ball Four or Foul Ball by Jim Bouton you most certainly should.
2) Scooter took a record amount of craps on Monday mornings walk. One walk, four dumps is a great metaphor for spending a day in the suburbs of Manhattan. Congrats to Matt Hebert for being the sole winner of the "Guess how many times my dog shit this morning" question. Weird thing is, it didn't even faze him. The question, that is. Not the amount of turd.
3) I heard the first track off the forthcoming Red Door Exchange CD. Holy shit. Hands down the coolest and most creative song I've heard come out of the valley in years. Don't know the name of the song or else I'd let you know. I think the CD comes out fairly soon though. They were talking about mastering it real soon.
4) Don't know why I need to tell anyone this but I'm going to get steaks tonight with Killswitch Engage. My good friend Wayne (who's their merchandise guy) has started a new death metal band called "Colostomy Grab Bag". Hands down the best band name of the year.
5) Jen's play starts this weekend. She's been rehearsing for months. I can't wait to see it. It's called "Misery for Breakfast" and it's at the APE Performance Space in Thornes Marketplace in Northampton. May 6,7,13 and 14th. Tix available by calling here.
6) Did you see us on the cover of the advocate? Such a great piece by Dan Oppenheimer. Much thanks.
7) Latest favorite record? The new Ben Folds
8) I threw batting practice to the Easthampton High baseball team and the next morning found muscles that I never knew I had to begin with.
9) Ted Williams
10) The above collage of photos is a puzzle. It will most likely be the name of my next record. The person who correctly figures it out AND tells me where it comes from (yes, I will most likely get sued for this one) will get a free copy of my last CD and a spot on the guest list for the brass cat, full band show I'm doing with the Winterpills and Harper (featuring Tom and Terry from NRBQ)on Saturday, June 4th. Good luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i could spoil the game, but you already told me and i couldn't go even if i won.

so, pthhhhhht.

Jim said...

Random thoughts can be a good thing.

Ah, "Ball Four"; the book that tore the veneer off professional sports for me when I read it at the age of 12, back in the summer of 1974.

I just started reading Bouton's book, "Foul Ball", about his attempt (successful, btw) to save Wahconah Park in Pittsfield, MA.

Bouton is proof that being a jock and being intelligent aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm off to see Jose and Spouse at Bowdoin College. Woo hoo!! Here's to bets that I'm the oldest dude in the Pub. Piss on age!