Thursday, December 29, 2005

killing Johnny's card


I think I might use this photo inside my new CD. I have no idea who the guy in the front is. Hope he doesn't get pissed. If you look closely, Anne (who is a beautiful woman to begin with) looks like Sade. So cool.
So, it looks like my friend Adam D. will be mastering my CD. Which will hopefully be sooner than later. I am thrilled to have his gifted ears. I couldn't really afford to go to the guy that I thought I was going to use. Looked like it was going to cost 1,300 bucks. I asked Joel if Adam would be interested and he said "Of course! And he'd do it for 13 beers." I don't know if that's true or not, but I'll find out. I have tons of respect for the talent that Adam has. He's the Ken Mauri of metal. The man can do it all.
Also from the yes-this-goddamn-record-is-going-to-come-out-after-all department; I was recently granted permission to use Henry Darger's work (for a small fee) for my CD art for "The Killing Card". I am beyond thrilled with this development. His work is unsettling, anxious, cryptic, childish and beautiful. I think that I tried to capture all the former adjectives with my new record so I feel it's a perfect match. Anyway, the date inches closer and closer.
J Johnson of Designfarm (and probably more notably from National Carpet) is going to help me along with the layout and manipulations of the CD artwork. Free of charge, as well. Such an amazing, supportive guy.
And please, I beg you Red Sox fans. Don't be mad at Johnny Damon. It's all about the money and location (mostly money) for every single person in the MLB now. When Cal Ripken hung it up he also ended an era. Here, let me help you understand. Who said this?
"Baseball isn't what it used to be. It's all about the money now. No one plays because they love the game solely, it's all about revenue."
It was fucking Ty Cobb. In 1910. So let it go. Oh, and think of this way. Now that Johnny's gone maybe his legion of 14 year old girls in pink Damon shirts are gone too. Making it easier for people like me (poor but obsessed) to get tickets to a game that aren't either in the last row of the bleachers or 150 dollars apiece.

I leave you with the track listing of "The Killing Card." Why? Why not.

1) home.
2) The pressure it feeds
3) Everyone is gone
4) Torture ground
5) The combing of the bottom of the sea.
6) The drugs have shaped the angles.
7) Jesus Christ, man down.
8) The whisper no one else can hear.
9) Unbecoming (1992-94)
10) Island of the burning trees.
11) Forever every evening
12) Elephant's glide
13) Firefly parade
14) Stamp and release
15) Medicine you sent
16) You are just like me. You will never be free.

The record is dedicated to Brox.

No comments: