Sunday, March 13, 2005

PACE


PACE - March 11th, 2005 Posted by Hello

The PACE show was amazing. Again. Thanks so much to all who came. J Johnson, Kevin O'Rourke and Matt Sutton were all mesmerizing. My backing band makes me look better than I really am. Such great players, and people. That's it. We all decided. We're going to do this whole band thing a lot more often. They're all right, it sounds too good to just do twice a year. I'll keep you posted as to when it will happen again. We discussed another local show in the late spring as well as shows in Boston, NYC, Provincetown, Portland and Vermont. We'll see. There's some pictures from the night below (thanks to Kevin Smith and Jen Campbell).
So. I'm going to hold a contest through this blog. See; I feel really silly just having my name be the thing that is displayed when I'm performing with a full band. But, I also absolutely despise the thought of coming up with a band name. So. I need you all to start leaving proposed band names in the comments section for me. If you have 10 ideas don't be shy, send them all. The winner will get to come see my shows (solo or with the band) for an entire year. That's right, a full year of "guest list" privileges. No, that does not mean you get the free beer that I don't drink at the aforementioned shows.
By the way, Jen just finished one thing and started another. She finished a big, autumn-orange blanket for Scooter. He absolutely loves it (I think he's as sick of winter as the rest of us are). She started rehearsing for a play that she's really excited about. It's called "Misery Loves Breakfast" and she has one of the leads. It's going to be at Thornes Marketplace (on the third floor) on May 6th, 7th, 13th and 14th. Kelsey Flynn is also in it and she's wildly talented.
Hmmmm, maybe my first pick for a band name is
A BIG AUTUMN-ORANGE BLANKET FOR SCOOTER
Ok...maybe not

Paul Kochanski and Matt Cullen Posted by Hello

Anne Pinkerton Posted by Hello

J Johnson (National Carpet) Posted by Hello

Kevin O'Rourke (Lo Fine) Posted by Hello

Matt Sutton (The Malarkies) Posted by Hello

Erika Kent and I voicing our collective opinion of winter Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have made the PACE show. I listened to "Let Down" that Kristen posted in the Sound Check forum over on MassLive, and I really liked it - so much so that I trekked up to Night Owl Records on Saturday and bought the album.

As for band names, all I can think of are lame puns on office supplies.

Anonymous said...

How about:
Bad Grammer (aka F U Dad)
Watergun
some Guy with a Band
Scooter's Pet
Frindle Notes

**Frindle is a book my daughter is reading - about kids using the word Frindle instead of "pen" and the freedom of speech debate between the kids and the school.

Good show at PACE! sorry I couldn't stay after - had to run and be a teenage chauffeur.

Rick said...

Hey Mark.

Sorry I missed this show, but it was great seeing you the other day when GDV played the Brass Cat again.

Here's some band names I've had floating around my head but never used:

The Lost Lenore
Middle Class Vacation
Ploughman's Lunch
The Splinter Group
Feverfew
The Tenderizers
Dame's Rocket

See ya 'round.

Anonymous said...

Mark I've been trying not to post this, but since you keep egging people on for names, I like:

pooka baby