Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The whisper that you can't hear


dinner Posted by Hello

Michael Lemieux is an amazing cook. He was with Jose, JJ and myself in upstate NY at the home of Michael Merenda and Ruth Ungar. We started recording the new Nuclear Waste Management Club CD. What a great time. Wood stoves and amazing food. JJ and I did 12 songs in a day and a half. I've since heard that the other folks involved (Peyton and Anne Pinkerton, Scott Hall and obviously, Jose) did stellar jobs on their parts as well. I can't wait to hear it.

SJ Posted by Hello
I fell in love with the film Lost in Translation while I was there too. I didn't like it all that much when Jen and I went to see it in the theater. I think I had a stick up my ass about Bill Murray at the time. Don't get me wrong, I love him. Think he's one of the most gifted character actors in the business. It just seemed like he had played that roll only months before that film came out and I was just bitter. All right Bill, we get it. Enough. Anyway, I found the beauty in it this time. Scarlett Johansson (whos raging talent equals her senseless beauty) is the next Audrey Hepburn in my opinion. I really felt connected to their struggle. What a beautiful ending. The whisper that you can't hear. For years I've been trying to write songs that capture the feelings that a film like that did. Space, lonliness, loss, love, chance, risk. I don't know if I ever have captured it...or if I ever will. But it is most certainly inspiring. Jose was really happy that I came around. It's one of his favorites.
Off to Boston tonight to play a Lo Fine show. Springfield tomorrow at Shakago's with myself solo, Lo Fine, Space Captain and Running with Karma. I'm excited about that. I love Springfield. It too often gets shunned by valley folk.
Thanks to all who are throwing band names around. There's been some great ones. I'm still struggling so keep them coming if you don't mind.

Jose running the vivid show Posted by Hello

JJ recording Posted by Hello

No comments: