Friday, August 26, 2005

dream away


Inspired by Henning and his great website I will list the songs I performed at shows. Last night I played a solo set with Matthew Hebert at the Dream Away Lodge in Becket, MA. What a beautiful place, with amazing food and wonderful atmosphere. The music is performed without a PA so it was a little intimidating (as you can see from the mistakes I listed below) but it was a grand time. Here's what I played:



FIREFLY PARADE
THE PRESSURE IT FEEDS
TORTURE GROUND
(aborted before 2nd verse, forgot words)
ISLAND OF THE BURNING TREES
FOREVER EVERY EVENING
GHOSTING
STAMP AND RELEASE

TORTURE GROUND (I remembered all the words and was encouraged to do it again)
JOIN ME WHILE I WASTE THE DAY AWAY (forgot 2nd verse again, head in hands...the sock monkey saved me)



Most of these songs I'm sure you don't recognize for they will be on my just about finished 2nd record. Looks like it will be out in November or so.
Hebert's set was beautiful. After a short break we all grabbed guitars and passed out percussion to all our friends and did numerous covers together. Great time. Thanks again to Matt for hooking me up. When he moves, he will be deeply missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 2 cents: don't list your mistakes so that you don't have to relive them. You know? That way in the future you'll just have this pure memory of the good time with a couple vague rough spots and that's what is really important about the whole thing anyway.