Monday, August 22, 2005

Gonna.


Just when I thought my record was done. Just when I thought I had put the final touches on the final song. Here comes more songs. Ones that I like. Ones that fit in with these 11. Shit. I'm recording at home starting tomorrow (thanks to Jose). Gonna make some drums blowup and some guitars strum. Gonna make some ladies sing and play piano and cello. Gonna cut the cable of conventional record making. Going back to why I started this wonderfully insane lifestyle in the first place. Gonna put as many minutes that make sense on this CD as I can. If you're gonna pay 10 dollars for it then I have no right to make it only 40 minutes long. Gonna include various sound collages that I made back in 1990 or so. Stuff from tapes of daytime television and crazy band practice boombox recordings of songs making fun of Henry Rollins. I want to make this whole thing an experience, not just some jukebox throwaway singer/songwriter CD. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my last CD. Had a great time conceiving it and making it. That being said, I'm completely sick of that kind of mentality. Everything's safe. The songs all start and stop. The single is towards the beginning and the "weird" tune is at the end. Fuck all of that. Boring. Art should challenge you. Make you think. Make you get lost. Make you fucking FEEL. So bye-bye papier-mache cliches. So long safe, milquetoast world. Gonna challenge you again. Gonna kill the winners. Gonna spite the losers. Gonna get lost again. Gonna.
Upcoming solo shows:
August 25th - Dream Away Lodge - Becket, MA w/Matthew Hebert
August 28th - Apollo Grille private party - Easthampton, MA
September 16th - SPACE Gallery - Portland, ME
September 24th - Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH
October 18th - Bishop's Lounge - Northampton, MA

1 comment:

nomis said...

Hey Mark, I'll be looking forward to hearing the new stuff. Were you able to figure out how to transfer the data to your computer?