Monday, February 20, 2006

glow sticks and kicking the horse.


See! I told you I'd write more often. But maybe by writing more often you'll be able to tell that I'm not really much of a writer after all. I just have to rely on having a solid foundation on which to begin. When I don't have one I'll just sound like every other blogging dipshit. I'm afraid of this. Very much.
Went to see Killswitch Engage last night at Cabot St. in Chicopee-by-the-sea. Good times. It was my first time seeing them live (which I feel a bit goofy about since I've been real good friends with a couple of the guys for quite a few years now). So much energy and passion just pours out of that band. It truly was remarkable to witness. My favorite story from the night? I tipped the bartender 2 dollars for the water I ordered and she couldn't believe that it was her tip. She asked me if I needed 2 more waters (because they were a dollar each). I told her no, that the money was hers and she looked at me like I just told her that I cured her Mother's cancer. I feel bad for people that work in that environment. They see 300 people a night and probably walk away with 40 dollars in tips after a 6 hour shift.
Henning's (pictured above) in-store record release show was wonderful. Glow sticks were had by all. You really should buy his new solo CD. It's my favorite work of his to date.
I watched the Sixth Sense yesterday. For the first time in a couple of years. I found it to be overwhelmingly touching. Maybe it's because I have a cold. Either way, between M. Night and Charlie Kaufman I think that the quirky romance genre has never held more hope.
That's it. See! I told you it would suck. Now I'm just going to be known as the guy that kicks the dead horse.

No comments: