Thursday, February 16, 2006

Whitesnake vs. Baseball


So, my record is available locally on March 7th. Nationally on May 2nd. You’ll be able to get it at most local independent record stores or online through my newly discovered website www.markschwaber.com
I’ll be doing a tour of the Northeast at the end of May with Matt Bachand of Shadows Fall. Should be great. It’s the “Can’t harbor a donkey” tour. Don’t ask.
Spouse has been busy recording its 4th record in the cozy winter hills of Cummington. Yesterday Erin McKeown came by to sing on one of the new songs. She is a wonderfully cool person. I felt like I knew her for years after just spending 6 hours together. I hope to catch her at Club Helsinki this weekend. I guess her new record is going to be songs from the 1920’s. Should be pretty stunning given the strength of her voice. Hey, maybe she’ll sing on one of my songs one day. We talked about it. I have to say that this Spouse record is going to be my favorite record of theirs/ours to date. It’s chalk full of strange, Nozomi-like quirk and wonderfully manic Love Can’t Save This Love-like pop.
What am I listening to you didn’t ask? I’m excited about getting this CD I ordered by a band called I Am Spartacus. Today I’m listening to Monster Ballads (which is cock rock balladering from Whitesnake and the like) and the Baseball soundtrack. You know, the Ken Burns thing. Jesus, maybe I’m losing my mind.
I’m going to try and write in this blog more often. I think I always say that but this time I really mean it. OK, maybe I don’t. Gotta go. More than words is on the stereo and I have to sing the harmony. Please come see me sometime.

Sun. February 26th 2006 @ 9PM– The Basement – Northampton, MA – www.iheg.com
Solo opening for Matthew Hebert (www.matthewhebert.com)

Sat. March 4th 2006 @ 6PM – Platterpus Records – Westfield, MA –
www.platterpus-records.com
Solo in-store with Matthew Hebert.

Tues. March 28th 2006 @ 9PM – Bishop’s Lounge – Northampton, MA – www.martyhelly.com/bishops.html
Solo with special opener Matt Bachand of Shadows Fall (www.shadowsfall.com)

Wed. April 12th 2006 @ 9PM – Apollo Grille – Easthampton, MA
Solo with openers Matt Bachand (Shadows Fall) and Alice Austin (www.myspace.com/thelavas) ALL AGES.

Alice Austin

RECORD RELEASE SHOW!
FRI. APRIL 21ST 2006 @ 8PM – PACE – EASTHAMPTON, MA – (www.pioneerarts.org)
Please come celebrate the release of “The Killing Card”
Very special opening act; Yucky Octopus (www.myspace.com/yuckyoctopus)
ALL AGES. Tickets on sale now at Night Owl Records www.nightowlrecords.net
413-527-2444

Yucky Octopus


Matt Bachand

Thur. May 18th 2006 @ 8PM – Abbey Lounge – Somerville , MA - http://www.abbeylounge.com/
Solo w/ Matt Bachand, Spouse(www.spousemusic.com) and Moonshot

Sun. May 21st 2006 4-6PM – WXOJ Valley Free Radio 103.3 – http://www.valleyfreeradio.org/
Solo performance on air from 4-6PM. Also some guest DJ-ing.

Mon. May 22nd 2006 @ 8PM – The Red Door – Portsmouth, NH -
Solo appearance with Matt Bachand.

Tue. May 23rd 2006 @ 8PM – Johnny D’s – Somerville, MA - http://www.johnnyds.com/
Solo w/ Matt Bachand and Alastair Moock (www.moock.com)

Wed. May 24th 2006 @ 9PM - The Weathervane - Brattleboro, VT
Solo w/ Matt Bachand and Hayseed Chrome.

Thur. May 25th 2006 @ 9PM – Pete’s Candy Store – Brooklyn, NY -
Solo opening for Matthew Hebert (www.matthewhebert.com). Also with Matt Bachand.

Fri. May 26th 2006 @ 8PM – Aboveground Records – Vineyard Haven, MA
Solo in-store with Matt Bachand.

Sat. May 27th 2006 @ 9PM – Offshore Alehouse – Vineyard Haven, MA
Solo opening for the Kahoots (www.myspace.com/kahoots) and Matt Bachand.

Tue. May 30th 2006 @8PM – The Space – Hamden, Ct. – www.thespace.tk
Solo performance w/ Matt Bachand

May 31st 2006 @ 8PM – The Flywheel – Easthampton, MA – www.flywheelarts.org
Solo opening for Blame Game (www.myspace.com/blamegame). Also Matt Bachand.

No comments: