Monday, December 27, 2010

2011.

I wonder why it is that we, as New Englanders, suddenly acted like Texans in response to this Nor'easter. It was pretty obvious from the barometric pressure charts that we weren't really due for much of a snowfall. Yet it seemed that people talked about how they were boarding up their windows and stocking up on canned goods as if it were 12/22/12. But it does come with its perks. My wife had herself an official snow day, and we're proud to announce that we've fully taken advantage of it. Nothing like a half day on the couch, complete with tea, Great homemade turkey soup, bad movies and very happy (yet slightly confused) dog. Scooter just can't figure out why we've all been together in the same place for close to 72 hours. Not that he's complaining.

So the holiday season is finally over. Well, I don't really count rookie night on the 31st. So it's time for many things. Here's a short list.

1) Building a home studio with producer/musician wizard Rob Connelly.
2) Painting our bedroom, walk in closet, and upstairs bathroom. Finally.
3) Quitting smoking (?!). I seem to be down to about 10 a day. Down from 20+, that is. Crossing my fingers on that one.
4) Getting back to the gym at least 4 times a week. Something that I haven't done since October.
5) Prepping mentally and financially for a LONG six months of touring with Lloyd Cole and The Small Ensemble.
6) Recording and releasing (digitally) as many songs as I can get done through January. Seems like the perfect month for it. Would love to sell as much as possible. Would you buy individual songs for 99 cents? I mean, if they don't suck?
7) Spending as much time with friends as possible. I sense many a dinner gatherings at our house to start the new year.
8) Cashing in on a couple of gift cards to the movie theater.
9) Playing NBA 2K11 as the Springfield Armor for a full season.
10) Play guitar. Lots and lots of guitar.

Not so bad, I suppose. For one month.

I am curious, what do you plan on doing during the January bore-fest?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will buy songs. yes i will.

Anonymous said...

January I'll be soaking up another hot Australian summer, relaxing in my hammock enjoying some films and reading many things including your ever interesting blog.
Would I buy downloads of some new songs recorded in your new home studio? yes of course considering the track record of your solo efforts and that guitar solo on 'That's Alright'

Fill us in with some more movie reviews, I've some gift cards I need to cash.

Tim