Monday, December 09, 2013

Day 268 - Feat damp, at best.

It was a bit naive and overly ambitious of me to think that I could start writing every day around the time that I worked 84 hours, traveled to 5 different cities on the East Coast, hosted Thanksgiving, went to a screening of a small film, made weekend long plans with my fiancee for her birthday, and had two rehearsals for a Christmas show all in less than two weeks.

Seems I still might not be ready given that the sentence I just typed went on for four lines.

But what the hell, right?

Happy to report that it was two weeks that I absolutely loved every minute of. Well, nearly every minute. Could have lived without my glasses breaking (again) and some critical back issues. But I'll take the percentage of amazing that I was lucky enough to swim through.

Looks like I start my record back up this week. With Joel, now that he's back from tour.

The break was good. It allowed me to distance myself from the things I have been writing. Allowed that necessary distance as to not fall into the trap of *the latest thing I've done is the best thing*.

Also, I can tell I am going to enjoy writing again. Once I get flowing, that is. I truly despise trying to quantify the speed of my thoughts on a cell phone. I guess that's the blessing and the curse of being a decent typist. It's nice to be in front of keys again.

No comments: