Saturday, February 12, 2005

I know jack


Posted by Hello

I just picked up this new documentary by Ken Burns. I am a huge sports fan. Strangely, I knew very little of this man. A true Shakespearian/American tragedy. Glorious and sickening. Sad and enthralling. This is a story that everyone should know.
I also picked up a copy of "Watership Down" by Richard Adams. I can't believe I never read this. In my opinion it's the coolest book title ever. I must have looked like a freak walking out of that store with a book with a bunny on the cover and a DVD with a giant boxer on the front.
The show with Nuclear Waste and The Winterpills at the Apollo was a wonderful time. What a great listening room. I wish I had recorded the show. Peyton Pinkerton (www.furnacerock.com) was borderline mad at me for not doing so. I had a wonderul time playing bass with the NWMC as well...at least until my bass decided to go to bed.
Here's some new stuff:
Friday, March 11th - PACE - Easthamtpon, MA w/Matt Sutton of www.themalarkies.com
Friday, March 18th - Toad - Cambridge, MA w/Kevin O'Rourke + Fancy Trash
Thursday, March 24th - Shakago's - Springfield, MA w/Running with Karma, Lo Fine, Space Captain

No comments: