Thursday, February 03, 2005

things i've learned


Posted by Hello

We just finished a 4 day jaunt with Spouse. Much fun. Things we learned:
- JJ can't count past 4 (he's a drummer).
- Jose is a racist skinhead. Well, since he's Columbian, gay and part Jewish he's gonna have one hell of a rough ride.
- At 2 in the morning on Thursday night/Friday morning it was 18 below zero in Brunswick, ME. That is just not alot of fun.
- Watching the movie Eurotrip was a very bad idea.
- Playing ping pong against either Jose or Sean Eric is, again, a bad idea.
- When a Mexican fishing boat worker is hammered and babbling to the owners of a Thai restaurant and they're both getting pissed because neither speaks the others language it is best not to get involved.
- When a man named Daryl introduces himself to strangers as "James Earl Jones" you just go right ahead and let him.
- The List Exsists guys are about the sweetest we've met. A great band too.
- There will just never be a winner in the "straight-guy-asks-the-gay-guy-a-question/gay-guy-asks-the-straight-guy-a-question" quiz game. For example, I have no fucking idea what color *puce* is and Jose couldn't have been further from knowing what wedges are in a golf bag.
- Naomi Hamby bought a new apartment in NYC! Congrats!
- Jose is my favorite songwriter. Well, I already knew that, just thought it should be repeated.
- Making JJ laugh is one of my favorite things to do. I miss my real brother like hell. JJ is the only person that I know that helps fill that void.

I also learned that my next record is coming together nicely. Looks like we'll be recording the bulk of it at Night Owl with Jose. Ruth Keating (The Malarkies - Ida), Joel Stroetzal (Killswitch Engage), Flora Reed (The Winterpills), Anne Viebig (The Speak) and JJ are all confirmed for the session. I can't wait. Until then, go to the Apollo Grill on February 10th to see NUCLEAR WASTE MANAGEMENT CLUB, THE WINTERPILLS and little ol' me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next record!! I can hardly wait!! :)