Wednesday, February 23, 2005

www.neverheardofthem.com


photo by Henning Ohlenbusch Posted by Hello

I did it. Well, almost. I downloaded free pro tools today. Bought a microphone preamp off of ebay and just need one more mic cable to have a 8 track demo studio on Jen's laptop at our house. I can finally make demos at home. It's been so hard writing music without a recorder. I had to teach Jen a piano part to one of my new songs just so I could hear what it sounded like outside of my head. A large amount of thanks goes to Karl Ourand www.bark-media.com for steering me in the right direction with this stuff. Karl has a massive knowledge of all things recording. I appreciate him sitting through my questions like "How do I plug a microphone into a computer?" and "What the hell does preamp mean anyway?". I have 8 or so songs that are done for my next record. I'll even give you guys a sneak peek soon too. My good friend, J Johnson (National Carpet) has started a great new website www.neverheardofthem.com . This will be THE place to hear new bands from all over the country. He's already got a ton of great bands from Massachusetts on there and is trying to get people in different cities to review/critique bands from their respective areas that are unjustly unsung. Should be a great way to network for folks. Swap shows/CD's...you know. Check it out if you have a band that you think should be heard. J is one of the nicest guys going. Anyway...he's going to post a song of mine on his site soon that won't be on any other release. It's a live performance of a song called "Forever every evening". The recording was done by Chris Fortin at a Flywheel show I did back in December. I wrote that song in tribute to the late Elliott Smith.

No comments: